kudzu

i live up on a bluff from lake michigan, and would like to get my hands on some KUDZU for stabilization......................i am not having any luck with purchasing through GOOGLE.

anyone?

Reply to
readandpostrosie

~Roy

Kudzu is a very _bad_ idea.

It's invasive and nearly impossible to kill. Because of its density, it destroys nearly every plant in its path -- including trees -- damaging the local ecosystem in ways that would take decades to restore.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren

Anyone in the South would call this crazy. Zudzu grows exceptionally fast, covers street signs, covers homes, and shades/kills trees and bushes. You might consider some other ground cover. Pachysandra should grow well. Other options include grass, lily of the valley,vinca, and a variety of vines. Not sure if kudzu would grow well in Michigan. If it did, you'd regret ever planting it. Roundup does not stop kudzu. BTW, we have zudzu festivals here. It is edible.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Elaine

thanks for the offer!

Reply to
readandpostrosie

i will heed everyone's warning and RETHINK this whole thing! thanks!

Reply to
readandpostrosie

"readandpostrosie" wrote in news:4Kihg.19073$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

since it's listed as an illegal invasive foreign species, i doubt you *will* find anyplace reputable that will sell you kudzu plants or seed. lee

Reply to
enigma

What's it taste like? (Just curious, hoping the answer is fiddlehead ferns.)

viv

Reply to
vivian

Reply to
potesta

Reply to
potesta

Try investigating Crown Vetch. You could also try contacting the local MSU Extension office for your county and see what they would suggest. If you're on the Michigan side of the lake see:

Crown vetch info:

Leon Fisk

Vivian oh please,there are some things they eat up North that would make me puck. Cows eat it but it takes two years for them to kill it and it grows to fast. Drink Milk? Here are some recipes for ya'll. :)

Kudzu has even made it to New York (probably someone on vacation and decided to take some home?) so if anyone thinks it dies in the winter...it doesn't. The roots are there ready to pop back up next spring. I know when we have had our first frost by when the Kudzu wilts but it is there waiting for the next warm weather to rejuvenate and grow like crazy. Elaine in Ga Zone7

Reply to
Elaine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
Jangchub

Maybe so, but it is still commonly planted as a soil stabilizer. Even by our local government agencies. I suspect if you look around you will still find it being used as such in your area too (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Here Roy Hauer caught in the act..........................

From: Koi-Lo aka Roy Hauer Message-ID: Newsgroups: rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn Subject: Re: we call the difficult bandage Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2006 02:32:23 GMT X-No-Archive: Yes User-Agent: HipCrimes NewsAgent (Roy) Organization: Usenet Zone

Free Usenet Binary server contains 140,000+ groups Lines: 116 Path: news.glorb.com!news.ks.uiuc.edu!news.usenetzone.com!sexzilla.net!be llsouth.net!news.henrynet.se!alt.net!earthlink.net!emma.aioe.org!news.uunet. net!news.io.com!news.zig-zag.net!not-for-mail rec.ponds:366856 alt.religion.jehovahs-witn:419583

Reply to
Lone Sword

Reply to
Nicole