Kousa dogwood and sun

I live in Zone 5 and would like to plant a Kousa dogwood in my front yard. However, I've read conflicting reports on sun requirements/tolerance. The yard faces south and gets nearly full sun. As an alternative, I could place the Kousa in the back yard, which also get considerable sun but faces north. I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.
Thanks.
Stuart E. Weiner wrote:

My Kousa does just fine in full sun.
USDA Zone 8b
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:31:33 -0400, Stuart E. Weiner wrote:

Full sun is fine, go for it! I love Kousas!
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 05:31:33 GMT, "Stuart E. Weiner"

They are not at all too picky. They like to be on the edge of a wooded area where they are partially protected but grow more upright in full overhead sun. They will do better with more sun than less sun. Dogwoods tend to be subject to disease and it helps to keep mulch around them to help avoid weed trimmers and mowers from damaging the trunk.
Kousa dogwoods are not reliably hardy in the colder parts of zone 5. I am next to the lake and temps are moderated. My Kousa faces east and gets full sun for 1/2 of the day and does extremely well. I dont know if it would do well in full sun all day. I would go for a sunburst locust in that location. INgrid

Stuart E. Weiner wrote:

I'm in zone 5 as well, and my Kousa dogwood gets full afternoon sun. The backyard faces east and has mature deciduous trees, so it's shady in the morning. The front yard faces west, and there's a street that makes a T in front of my house, so full sun all afternoon. The kousa is in the front, in the strip between my driveway and the neighbor's house to the south. So lots of sun, no adverse effects.