killing vine that has taken over hedge

Hello all.
I live in South Florida and have a Hibiscus hedge running down the sides of my property. Last year I noticed I somehow got some pesty vine running through, around and on top of the hedge killing some the trees. In a strange way the vine when trimmed fills the hedge nicely - but apparently that's only until it completely kills the Hibiscus.
I'm not sure what type of vine it is or how to kill it.
See picture in link:
http://207.69.19.31/vine.jpg
Any ideas ?
Thanks!
On 22 Dec 2003 06:04:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@cyberpine.com wrote:

It looks like a wild strawberry (does it produce flowers/berries?). After a soaking rain, pull it out by the roots. Repeat in 3 months if needed.

No beeries that I know of. It produces a little yellow flower.
Thanks.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks sorta like a hop vine. Does the flower produce a sort of cone?
They can be a pain-in-the-butt, grow fast in warm climates, and have a very pungent odor.
Good luck, Laura B.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Thalocean2) wrote in message

Here's a better (more detailed pic). There are no flowers blosumming right now, but this runner has a dead flower (in picture - very large).
Really interested in knowing what this is and how to kill it - it's somewhat personal now. :{
http://207.69.19.31/vine-big.jpg
Thanks for any help.
<< Any ideas ? >><BR><BR>
Put up a poster showing several flowers as well as leaves. Half a flower head does't tell me much, except what it probably isn't. zemedelec