Killing roses with kindness

Several months ago I was concerned about my roses being eaten by insects, leaves turning yellow or brown and then falling off. In general my rose bushes and the few flowers they were producing looked terrible. I tried all kinds of treatments and they just kept getting worse.
I asked on this newsgroup what I could do to save my roses and I got many and varied answers.
One person wrote that all he did was hose his bushes off daily and fertilized them.
Since I had tried just about everything else, I tries hosing my roses off every morning and spraying a liquid fertilizer (Miracle Grow) on them about once a week.
My roses now are not being eaten by anything, look extremely healthy and are flowering like crazy.
I don't remember the name of the person that made me aware of his simple method, but I just want to say thanks. Thanks.
Freckles

Well, most roses prefer organic (fish emulsion, rotted cow manure) over inorganic fertilizers. They told me so. ;)

Do they like worm castings?
Hypatia