killing bamboo

Does anyone have a way to kill bamboo? Its taking over my yard from the neighbor and I need a way to control it.
me wrote:

Bamboo is a grass. Use an herbicide specific to grass. There are several brands available.
--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/
me wrote:

Sever the rhizomes as they cross the property line and then cut the culms off at ground level. Kick any new shoots when they are small.
Have a talk with your neighbor about *him* controlling *his* bamboo.

USDA Zone 8
Boy, do I agree. If you don't have the neighbor's cooperation, you'll only be teasing the bamboo.
The best I can do (with an uncooperative neighbor) is keep it cut down.
Type "killing bamboo" into your favorite search engine.
me wrote:

Know this will not be much help but a bulldozer is the only cure I know of for bamboo.
Marv-Montezuma, IA http://community.webshots.com/user/vmwood
First with a sharp spade plunge a line on the border to sever the rhizomes. Then sever the stuff on your side of the line into foot square pieces and pull or pry out. Keep your side from showing any green and go down the line with the spade once or twice a year. That will get most of it. Keep the rest under control as seen. If you can work with your neighbor it's easier than just being pissed off and going it alone.