Just one cat aka Rodent populations

Here we have more rodents about then anytime in living here 50 years. Ive dispatched about 80 rats in the last 2 months. Ive installed baffles to keep them off my sunflower feeders yet the increase is scary. Ever see 10 rats in a feeding frenzy on a bird feeder at 3 am ?
Have you noticed a similar increase in rodents?
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=rodent+population s&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
Global warming prelude I hope not.
Bill who hopes this is just a statistical outlier.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Import a few NYC rats to take over the turf, they carry switchblades.

That was 30 years ago. They've got assault weapons and HUMVEES now.
Chris New York City