Just dug my cannas today

No idea how I'm gonna keep them alive until spring ("spring" means about May.) Do you think this will work? I'll keep them in an cardboard box out in the garage (much cooler than the house, but it shouldn't freeze) for a week or two while they dry out a little. Then fill the box with loose shredded paper and put the lid on it. When it gets too cold in the garage, I'll bring the box in and keep it in the coolest part of the basement.
Any better ideas? Thanks.
Bob

I have better luck just covering them with soil and giving them a small drink midwinter so they don't dessicate.