just cut part of my lawn too short

I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches. Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

Reply to
Joe

in my experience, the grass as always grown back. my pops used to always cut the grass on the lowest setting, so we went thru this alot. He would scalp the tree roots and everything!

Rae

Reply to
rachael simpson

Blade height, not blade length.

Should you "water"? Hmm. Depends. You getting alot of rain? You getting alot of direct sunshine, not overcast alot? You in a drought area?

Oh well, leave the answer to all the soothsayers here. Dave

Reply to
Dave

I all depends on how much you value the grass. The ability to regrow is inversely proportional to the value placed upon it in its present location. Example: grass which has begun growing voluntarily in the middle of your garden or beds is completely unkillable short of nuclear strike but the expensive turf that you paid a fortune to put in and take care of can be killed by a dirty look.

Making sure that it has sufficient water certainly can't hurt.

Reply to
John McGaw

John McGaw wrote in news:0uAhi.2966$ca.1160 @bignews4.bellsouth.net:

And THAT'S the truthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.