Joint compound as fertilizer/conditioner

Page 3 of 3
Correction
My RESUME is here: http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/educat
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Don In your words What is a food? A nutrient? A fertilizer?
Did you write a dictionary? If not why not.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Apparently, your reading comprehension is still lacking.
Beware so called Tree Biologist who have never studied biology.
Don Staples writes: At http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm Salvage and restoration. There comes a time when nature just does not cooperate with the best of management efforts. At that time you may have to salvage whats left, and start anew. Salvage is a very different sales effort for forest products. Usually, the sales material is damaged, dead, or dying. Finding a market for this material can be tricky, and incomes low. But, best to move the material, get it out of the way for future work. Take what income you can from the salvage, and set it aside for planting the site.
Restoration can mean a lot of work, depending on what caused the initial damage. It may include dirt work to reshape an area, control burning to remove the remaining dead material and for site prep, and of course replanting
The cost would be based on the nature of the work, including outside assistance from vendors.
What about Tree Biology Don??????????????????????????
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Please take your little war out of rec.gardens. We don't care.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

You should care, that a so called tree biologist fraud posts here.

corrections when he veers into areas I am more knowledgable.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Staples has an ego problem that precludes civility.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

expounded:

Only with ass holes, like you.

If I needed a tree biologist, I would hire one, fortunately, there is no such a critter, so I don't hire one.
You still lack reading comprehension. Forestry is not about a single tree biology, it is about an environmental community. Like humans, they get out of whack, and can be brought back.
Beware a so called tree biologist that has never studied biology.
fungi cannot absorb "carbohydrates", it needs to be broken down outside of them into building blocks and they can absorb "sugars" across their cell membranes, across their hyphae. bacteria are the same in that they secrete substances that break down "food" into building blocks that can be absorbed.
many bacteria extract their energy from chemicals,like the chemilithotrophs found at the bottom of sulfur vents deep in the ocean.
plants gain their energy from the sun, which is hardly a "nutrient" by your definition. the solar energy is, in the end, trapped in the covalent bonds between chemicals, like ATP, glucose, starches and cellulose.
elements and molecules are the basis of all organic and inorganic molecules. nutrient is anything needed by a biologic system.
n Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:11:54 -0400, "symplastless"

Composted means the symplast has died and the wood has begun to break down.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

I am not trying to call anybody out on anything. If I said my foot was connected to my nose I would hope you would do me the same favor and tell me my foot is connected to my ankle. It was not an attack it was just simply saying that a element is not a nutrient for a tree. Again composted would mean that at least the wood chips would be symplastless. When we chip up a branch with a webwork of parenchyma cells (symplast) it smears the protoplasm all over the place. The micros that attract defenseless cells is attracted to the protoplasm. So to say that the material is composted would at least mean it was symplastless. Also the longer you compost the wood chips the less likely you are to get artillery (sic?) fungus. Sorry that you took it as an attract. I am not calling anybody out. Do you accept my apologies?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.