john adamson

I have a compost bin at the back of the garden shed.
For a long time now there has been a tunnel being made through th compost about 4 inches in diameter. I now have a nest inside the she about two feet by one foot by one foot, I would like to know what i making the nest, is it a rat or a hedgehog .. If it is a hedgehog i should be in hibernation but the nest is still being replenished wit cabbage leaves etc. I am reluctant to disturb it in case it is a hedgehog in hibernation. Any sugestions. John Adamso
-- john adamson