Joe Pye weed

My chocolate JPw is turning yellow and wilting. Can I cut it way back now and still have blooms in fall? Any other ideas. Thanks so much.

Em

Reply to
Emerald

In Maryland, border of Zones 6 and 7, I prune my JP weed back by about half in June. The plant doesn't seem to mind and I get shorter growth and smaller flowers by late August.

Rob.

"Emerald" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

back now and still have blooms in fall?

Reply to
Robert Salmon

Thanks for your reply.Next year i'll cut them back in June. They looked so bad I cut them back yesterday. I guess no blooms this year. Or maybe late blooms. We'll see what happens.

Em

Reply to
Emerald