jelly blobs with yellow eggs...

I've found a mass of jelly blobs with what looks like yellow eggs in them in the patch of earth next to our pond - i've no idea what they are but they look like they could cause trouble if they hatch.
Does anyone have any idea what they could be and how to get rid of them? We had a huge snail infestation last summer - could they be snail eggs??
--
Bootfit

Bootfit wrote:

Sounds like amphibian eggs of some sort: frog, toad, salamander? I really doubt that they are snail eggs.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]