Jasmine turning brown

I have had this jasmine planted for 3-4 years with no problems. It has started to turn brown and no flowers yet. The plants on the other side of the fence are doing better. I am in Raleigh, NC and the plant was bought locally. Any ideas? You can take a look here

jaf

jaf wrote in news:1178976826.968018.199940 @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

eyikes. I don't know Jasmine but that looks pretty dead. Have you gotten down and looked at the base of the plant? Did it get damaged by a lawn mower or weed-whacker? Or how about underground -- perhaps a chewing/burrowing animal has completely chewed up the root system?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

It looks to be what you would call Confederate Jasmine and we would call Star Jasmine. I think you had some really cold weather? It looks like frost/freezing damage. Cut off the brown dead parts down to where there is some evidence of green. If you have to go all the way down to the ground, there may be some regrowth from the roots. Don's give up too early, my plumbago looked completely a goner, but it now has a lot of nice green growth. Good luck. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca