japanese tree peony

I have two of the abovementioned plants which are growing well,unfortunately I am at a loss when to dead-head after flowering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I've never dead-headed and we get many blooms. My main concern is finding varieties with upward/outward facing blooms. Ours are about thirty years old. No problems but once one was attacked by ants below ground level and a couple of times we had a red spot leave illness appear. Used a systemic for the first time. I always wanted to see if a self seeding was possible. Mine are all grafted. Makes me think of my sterile Koi.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Thanks for the info,incidentaly my shrubs are also on grafted rootstock.
Dempster