Japanese Red Maple question

Hi I just got a cute little Japanese red lacy-leafed maple for my small garden. It was in a small 3 or 4 inch pot and I have transfered it to a larger pot. It sat inside for awhile but is now outside in hopes of getting more sun and with tropical storm Grace on the way some nice rain. My question is what is the best way to insure it grows and doesn't die on me? It is about 18 inches high. As usual any and all help and advice is appreciated greatly
Shell
Shell91 wrote:

Protect it from the wind. We've got the regular, not lacy-leaf. Wind damage causes beige spots on the leaves.
Janine
Dry, dessicating winds can cause browning on the leaves. If the plant is in semi shade, as it should be in the south, with sufficient moisture, there's no reason it should brown. Ours grow beautifully under pines in southern SC. Occassional leaf damage from falling needles does not mar the beauty of the plants. We get plenty of storms. The only wind damage is from falling pine limbs, and not much at that. Gary

garden.
pot.
and
what is

greatly
you must be in the south someplace. get it settled on the north side of the house, out of the wind and direct sun which the fine leafed ones dont like. DONT let them dry out. but dont let them sit in water either. Ingrid

Hi Yep, Houston. I think I'll keep it potted so I can bring it in when it gets too windy Thanks for the advice.
Shell
wrote:

garden.
pot.
and
is
they do well planted on a slope. if not a slope, plant them on a hump of dirt so they wont be standing in water. mine is in a large pot. Ingrid