Japanese Maple Suggestions?

Hi guys, I have a small south-east facing garden and would love to hav
a Japanese Maple in a container on my deck.
Ideally i would like one which grows to a maximum of 5ft. Is there on which fits the bill?
I have been looking at a "Rising Sun" (Osakazuki) but have hear differing reports on how large they grow.
Hope you can help.
Mat
-- matt44

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=japanese+maple+moon&btnG=Search
I like the Full Moon type and Very fine lace like types. We have a bunch we grew from seed. They make great gifts. I have a fine lace red Japanese maple that is about 18 inch's tall and 20 inches wide that is about 30 years old. We trained it for a few years as a bonsai then moved it to a ground location where it hidden by Hosta and Hellebores.
Guess we have maybe 10 grafted trees and 200 from seed.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

my little palmatum disectum potted maple did great in a north location that gets very early and very late light. we had to move it and the tap root that it send down thru the holes was broken and the tree died, but it was glorious and healthy while out of the direct sun AND sheltered from wind. Ingrid

Only if you say *where*.
'Sheldon[_1_ Wrote:

Hi, sorry, i'm in England in the Midlands
-- matt44

Take a peak at this.
http://www.japanesemaples.com /
Bill