Japanese beetles on basil

Is it legal for them to attack my basil? This is ridiculous. Last year it was the pole beans. Today, the basil. Don't give me any of that BS about picking them off by hand. There are hundreds of them. Other than Ortho, anyone have a cool solution?

<http://awaytogarden.com/japanese-beetle-juice
Wonder if they are edible.
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=Japanese+beetles + recipes&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
Milky Milky Milky
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

few days until the bugs cycle is over will work.... buy a package of woodworkers tack cloth (looks like cheese cloth) from Lowe's for like $6.