japanese beetles

Dear Listers, Japanese beetles are everywhere this summer in our garden in southern ontario. Does anyone know how to make a beetle trap for these pests? Thanks for listening, anton

Reply to
Anton Jopko

Forget traps. By the time they are attracted to traps they have already chewed what they will chew. Inoculate your soil with milky spore. That gets them in the larval stage (grubs) before they eat everything.

JMHO

John

Reply to
John Bachman

Go to your local garden center and buy one, they are not expensive. They do work. I've been using them the past 5 years. Follow the directions. Also, put down Grub X as well to kill the larvae.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Randy

And just to add to Tom's post -- be sure that you place the traps some distance from your plants. I hang mine from apple trees which are about 20 feet from my Dahlia plants (Japanese beetles really love them).

Reply to
Bill R