Japanese Anemone

We have this plant in a partly shaded area of our garden. It has grown well, although it started slowly. The plant looks very healthy and it has developed many flower buds. The problem is that the buds don't open. The plant has been in bud for over a week now, and I am getting concerned that I am going to lose the flowers ! Should I be more patient ? Or is something wrong with its development ? Many thanks ! Ben.
Be more patient....one of the wonderful things about Japanese Anemones, apart from the lovely foliage, is that they bloom late in the season when there's not a lot else going on. I have a pink variety, forget the name, that's in bloom right now here in zone 6, and a white one that won't bloom for a few more weeks yet.
The buds will open up in sequence along the stalk once they start, they won't all open at once. So relax and enjoy.
Cheers, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA