Jack-in-the-pulpits

I found some Jack-in-the-pulpits in the woods behind my house, and I am interested in cultivating some seeds. The berries are clumped, bright-red on the stalk. Will the seeds grow? If so, does anyone know when to harvest them?

TIA,

Ken

Reply to
Ken

I do mine when they turn red. Remove the pulp as it is a growth inhibitor. I sow in pots after a month in the freezer(I don't know if that is needed but I do it anyways.)

I find it easier to just broadcast the seeds in the forest and wait for nature to takes its course. It is far easier to propagate by digging up the corms and planting those. A mature plant may have 8 or more "baby" plants around it. I gently dig those up and transplant. The corms also over winter nicely in pots.

Reply to
JMagerl

Careful of the toxins.

Reply to
Troglodyte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo