Ivy Plants

I am a 35 year old male, very ignorant of indoor plants. I recently purchased an ivey plant, and decided to cutt of some to sprout. I have a stem in some water, it is growing well. At the 4 elboows of the stem, it is growing roots. Can I cut the stem into 4 sperate peaces and plant or should it be planted as one?

I decided to go with Ivey because I remember my mother and grandmother have them around all the time. Are the other good plants a brwon thumb could plant inside of an apartment? I was hoping for something as vibrant as the ivey, not cactuses or aloe.

Thanks Scott

Reply to
tjones8611

A good size cutting is 4 or 5 inches in length. When roots form at the nodes, pot up and place in bright light (not sun). I usually put a plastic bag over the plant for 2-3 weeks to help it get established.

There are lots of easy to grow plants. Silver Queen aglaminia, Sanseveria, philodendron, cast iron plant, Pothos are good plants for beginners. African violets grow well with some early morning sun. Be careful about over-watering, the #1 killer of beginners. Each kind of plant has slightly different needs.

Reply to
Phisherman