Ivy geranium seeds

I got this plant at Loews recently, and all in bloom. As the bloom fades, there seems to be pods of seeds on a few of the stems that had blooms. I picked them off, and wonder, does anyone know how to plant them? Do i wait a certain period or just flop them into soil, as one does with marigold seeds?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Wishy13764) in

they should look like these: http://public.fotki.com/plumo/pelargoniums/pelargonium_triste_1.html
and teh woody part should feel solid.
i've never noticed seed mature on ivy geraniums. (Pelargonium peltatum) but the common Pelargonium x hortorum (hope that's tth current bot name!) sprouts easily from seed tossed into regular potting mix.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ