Ivy climbing the wall

Amigos y Amigas -

My Boston Ivy is literally climbing the 6-ft block wall. Some has reached the top.

What do I do now? Have never faced this dilemma before.

I don't want to upset or discourage the plants, but ...

Your help appreciated!

Reply to
Persephone

Trim it back to where you want it. If its anything like english ivy it will not hurt the plant and will train it to a particular area. You will have to trim regularly though

Shell

Reply to
Shell91

I would leave it alone. Better to look at ivy than a block wall.

Reply to
Vox Humana

It will drape down again.. Unless theres a roof at the top of the wall worry not.. Trim if you wish.

Incidentally Boston Ivy (Parthenocissus) is no close relative of Ivy (Hedera). The only relation between them is that they are both climbers. // Jim

Reply to
Jim W