Ivy

I have some English Ivy that is taking over...........it was growing on a fence that finally fell over...........for the last six months I have been cutting and using Round-up.........Troix.......boiled vinegar and salt, and gasoline........and still the ivy comes up......some of the stumps are still remaining...........other than TNT ......I would appreciate any help as how I can kill this stuff............You are my last hope......thank you, kay
I had the same problem. I used Ortho brush killer double strength. It has worked pretty well, but not perfectly. Good Luck.

Gasoline and salt are very poor choices. These remain in the ground a very long time. Keep cutting the plant to the ground and it will eventually die. We have deer that clip English ivy to the ground.
:) I have some English Ivy that is taking over...........it was growing on a :) fence that finally fell over...........for the last six months I have been :) cutting and using Round-up.........Troix.......boiled vinegar and salt, and :) gasoline........and still the ivy comes up......some of the stumps are still :) remaining...........other than TNT ......I would appreciate any help as how :) I can kill this stuff............You are my last hope......thank you, kay :) Tools that work well will be the weed-eater..lawnmower..gloves and a hoe.
Lar
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Had the same problem in California.
Pulled and dug the ivy then threw in grass seeds.
Kept the area mowed and the ivy pulled then eventually the grass grew out and the ivy quit coming back.