Italian plums

Any special growing reqiurements for Italian plum or prune trees? Started these off someone else's tree and it's only about 1 year old and 6 inches tall. Should I even plant it outside yet?
Hi Mogie, I am growing an Italian plum and there is nothing special about it other than the usual watering, weeding, pruning, and spraying (when the tree starts putting out lots of fruit). I would wait until Spring to plant the tree if you have a good place to keep it over the winter, like a sheltered shed/garage. You can also bury it with it's pot in your garden and dig it out in the Spring for planting.
Sherwin Dubren