It's time for another spit turtle...

...my grass is crunchy.
I'm not going to have any flowers for the fair if it doesn't rain soon.
Same here..................that little bit of rain we got the other week has long gone! The wells and the rivers are starting to dry up...................

Has your turtle worked yet???? if so, then i guess i'm gonna have to pay you to come over here and spit.............lol
no rain yet, getting parched, Rae

Got some rain last night and this a.m. but it's a spit in the drought bucket -- the ground already looks dry again.
Ah, hell, I'll spit in a jar for ya anyway. Watch the mail!

You can hang on to your spit awhile......... It's RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!! Suppose to all day they say, but we will see............
[..]

See? Even the THOUGHT of my powerful spit scares the rain gods.

Ever tried brushin'?;-)
--
Billy

durn, i bragged to fast............it's done quit (sniffles & sobs) i guess i'll have to make my own rain...........crying that is
lol!

Ok it's safe to holler now - got more wonderful rain! Started back about 12:45, and kept going until about 15 min ago. thundering again now. maybe we'll have more..............still not putting a dent in the drought though, but every little bit counts.

We're only four inches below normal here and I swear there are cracks in the lawn that go halfway to Hell. The rain we got the other day set off a growth spurt in the garden but all trace of it was gone hours after it finished.
I hope your rain keeps up until you want it to stop. :)

We got - now hold onto your hats - .07"! Whoopty-dam-doo!
I can't stand it. We seem to be in some kind of a pattern these past few years where the rainstorms literally split and go around us here on the South Shore. It'll be raining cats and dogs two towns over, but not here! :::sigh:::: I'll be standing out there for hours tomorrow with a hose again (water ban here, handheld only).
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I've watched it rain on the road in front of the house, and forestry around our yard, and yet not a drop actually touch our property. We actually got about an inch & half, but looking outside, you can't even tell it now.
on the subject on water bans: that's the problem with living in cities & towns. out here in the country, all we have to worry about is the well running dry.

Yea, I know. I'd drive a well here if I had the cash, but it's about $3,000, and that ain't happening anytime soon. The town water is cheap enough, the winter water bill was $72. This summer it'll be around $140. Not too bad for around here, those who live in a more metropolitan area (up near Boston) pay ten times that a year. Now there's where you really don't want to live!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
expounded:

Our little town imports their water from the nearest big town. Our water bill right now is running $170 a MONTH with more increases promised. That's without any outside water use, car-washing, pool filling, etc. They are also threatening to shut off sewer service to anyone who doesn't use the town's water since more and more people are hooking their wells back up.
Check back in a year or two and this place will be a ghost town with lots and lots of unsold properties rotting away along Main Street.

Ha! I watched the storms do the same thing here the other day. I was watching three online radars and I'd see a big storm comin'... comin'... comin'... and then it would either peter out right before it hit or it would split and go around us. Over and over again. It was maddening.

No doubt about it, nature has some strange ways. I was outside the little village of Lussac, east of Bordeaux and near St. Emillion where my host was going to barbecue our dinner. Naturally, being June, in France, a hugh lightning storm appeared out of nowhere, our host said not to worry because it would follow the river (Dordogne). As predicted the storm stopped heading straight for us and veered off to the right and followed the river. Doesn't seem like it happens like that in California. If it is coming at you, you get run over.
--
Billy
wish i could send you some of our out here in jersey.
FragileWarrior wrote:

I wish you could, too. I'm sure Texas has more than enough to spare, also. I guess it's just going to be one of those summers. <shrug>