It's Here

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/26/coverstory/index.html

Telescope Buyers FAQ
Starlord wrote:

They say the planet is 'ill' . But, on a geologic time scale, it has been both warmer and cooler than it is now - many times.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Looks like Art Bell was right.......................................................................................time to hunker down and be more of a steward to my corner and prepare for what comes next. This IS the start of the elections, after all. I never voted for shrub, by the way..............and I have to think that my dear departed friend, John Skeffington slipped out before he saw how things might get to....he was saved the anguish of Mother Earth.................... thanks Starlord for the heads up. madgardener

What's with all the ................... ?

What's with all the ................... ?
alright, in all the years I've written on this newsgroup, you didn't notice that sometimes I just put in a series of dots to indicate pause, quiet, reflection? never mind. I still love ya. inquiring mind wanted to know and there youse has it. it was a pregnant pause after my statement. and it's not that I am overwhelmed with the impending things, Doug, just resigned and resolved to continue doing what I have always done these last decades. I steward my corner of earth, I am minimizing things, I'm teaching myself to not be the typical stereotype of amerikan consumer, I'm concerned about what's happening, but other than voting, I don't think one person can do much, it will take way MORE of us to change things, and like Carl 1 lucky Texan said, the earth has done what it damn well wanted to with or without the extra fleas on her back for millennia. I read the article, I'll go get the issue after I tackle a project I'm intent on finishing TODAY before I even venture outside into the incredible Spring that is bursting up here in Fairy Holler on the ridge, and afterwards, I will sit down and share with my friends who garden around the country and world.
and that........................is that! LOL madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English Mountain which is shrouded in clouds intent on North Carolina and onwards, in Eastern Tennessee where it's already 60o

the same person wrote it. that would be me. I am a multi-faceted middle aged woman.......

just happy they return. I have snow, Dutch and large ones as well as species. The snowdrops are done, but now the enormous Leucojum are going full bang. The muscari are three kinds, maybe four in many, many pots and area's. Woodstock hyacinths, some early Stresa tulip and the Toronto's as well as one called The First. that's a Kaufmanniana. Pinochio's are back and making me smile, and assorted narcussus are popping thru the perennial foliage, as well as now I see water lily tulips rising from the soils. Squill, Windflowers are ferning, Epimedium under the maple sapling is blooming, Hellebore are still going guns, Pushkinnia has popped up in surprising places, sedums are bulking up and filling out and tanning and blushing. Iris reticulata are still appearing where I tucked them, Iris bucharica are leafing and getting ready to wow me (Juno iris). Spurge is electric green, all the Spirea's are leafed out and wired for blushing reds and oranges with pinks and tans and other warm colors. Pieris under the black cherry tree has flaming red leaves that scream out at me from underneath the boughs, and the Shooting star I got this late winter is performing with Virginia Bluebells underneath at the edge of the spent whisky barrel, I see signs of ferny leafed Columbine, and Bleeding hearts, and over in the NSSG I HAVE bleeding hearts up too soon.....False Indigo is leafing, Variegated solomon's seal is tongueing out at the sky, Toad lilies are leafed out, vinca vinca vinca everywhere and endearing me with their half dollar sized Periwinkle blue flowers everywhere. Lamium or yellow archangel on the eastern side of the sidewalk garden is already rising little stems to make those neat yellow flowers that laugh.
yep, it's a good day.,..... maddie

Stop! I have nothing but crocuses, and a shitload of babies under lights in the basement. This week's warm weather should kick start the outdoor stuff.
I like the way madgardner writes about Faerie Hollow! Very compelling to read. I love to read her writings!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure