It may be true what I read about heirloom plants..........

I have heirloom and hybrid tomato plants this season. Now I realize the season is still early but the hybrids seem to be out producing the heirlooms at least three to one and in some cases more than that. This is counting both green tomatoes as well as blossoms on the plants. Unless the heirlooms come on like gang busters later in the season, the hybrids will win hands down as far as production.

Rich from PA Zone 5-6

Reply to
EVP MAN

Well, gee, just what would you think might be one of the primary reasons for developing hybrids....

Reply to
balvenieman

Rich, as the season progresses, please provide a post about quality vs. quantity.

Reply to
Wallace

My yellow pear are heirlooms and just like last year slow starters. But they finished big in the early fall with a bumper crop and kept producing into October.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook