ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings

Folks:

I'm looking for a good quality hose reel with brass fittings.

I've had 3 or 4 of the plastic reels (purchased at home depot, sears, & menards) and they all end up breaking after a year or so.

I'd really like to find something that has sturdy construction and brass fittings that can a) won't break after just 1 year and b) can possibly be replaced if they do break.

Any suggestions?

I would prefer an email response, as I don't monitor this group often.

Thanks!

dm

Reply to
David Gibbs

Funny you should ask. =

I just got a catalog from "Improvements" with [what appears to be] such a hose reel described. They have a website and I found it there. There's a green-colored one (item# 226875 or 226659) and an almond-colored one (item# 246576 or 246584) both of which come as either cart or wall-mount. Here's the link to item# 226875

's some of the description:

Commercial-Quality Hose Reel Cart That A Kansas Tornado Can=92t Overturn!=

($199.99 + $10.00 extra shipping)

That may be an overstatement, but this heavy-duty, all-steel hose reel cart weighs 70 lbs. without the hose! It=92s a good thing it=92s got two extra-wide, rubber, semi-pneumatic =93turf=94 tires (9-=BE=94 in dia.) an= d sealed ball bearings that make it easy to roll where you need it, without it tipping over! Holds up to 150=92 of 5/8=94 hose (not included)= =2E Machined brass fittings, with swivel hose connection. Wall-mountable with plate sold separately. 5=92-long, =BE=94 leader hose is included.

22=94x23=94x27-=BD=94 tall overall. Allow 4 weeks for delivery.

Wall-Mount Hose Reel. ($129.99 + $6.00 extra shipping)

The reel is the same as that on the reel cart above, but this one mounts on your wall using a heavy, 11-gauge steel mounting plate (included) that attaches to any masonry or wood frame wall. Includes 4=92-long, =BE=94=

leader hose; tension brake to prevent =93free-spinning=94 after pulling h= ose out; and anti-kink spring. Allow 4 weeks for delivery. Please specify mounting type relative to wall: perpendicular or parallel.

Optional Wall-Mount Plate (item# 226859 $39.99)

Reply to
Ermalina

This post reminds me... Anybody tried a self-winding hose reel? I'm curious about their function & durability.

I've seen these at various places:

my local Home Depot stocks a battery-powered reel (I forget the brand).

Victor

Funny you should ask.

I just got a catalog from "Improvements" with [what appears to be] such a hose reel described. They have a website and I found it there. There's a green-colored one (item# 226875 or 226659) and an almond-colored one (item# 246576 or 246584) both of which come as either cart or wall-mount. Here's the link to item# 226875

's some of the description:

Commercial-Quality Hose Reel Cart That A Kansas Tornado Can't Overturn! ($199.99 + $10.00 extra shipping)

That may be an overstatement, but this heavy-duty, all-steel hose reel cart weighs 70 lbs. without the hose! It's a good thing it's got two extra-wide, rubber, semi-pneumatic "turf" tires (9-¾" in dia.) and sealed ball bearings that make it easy to roll where you need it, without it tipping over! Holds up to 150' of 5/8" hose (not included). Machined brass fittings, with swivel hose connection. Wall-mountable with plate sold separately. 5'-long, ¾" leader hose is included.

22"x23"x27-½" tall overall. Allow 4 weeks for delivery.

Wall-Mount Hose Reel. ($129.99 + $6.00 extra shipping)

The reel is the same as that on the reel cart above, but this one mounts on your wall using a heavy, 11-gauge steel mounting plate (included) that attaches to any masonry or wood frame wall. Includes 4'-long, ¾" leader hose; tension brake to prevent "free-spinning" after pulling hose out; and anti-kink spring. Allow 4 weeks for delivery. Please specify mounting type relative to wall: perpendicular or parallel.

Optional Wall-Mount Plate (item# 226859 $39.99)

Reply to
Victor Grund

I use Hanney on my lawn spray trucks, don't know if they offer a home model. Great reels.

Moparholic