is this Parrot Flower? No?

Hi,
I came across a few images of an exotic flower identified as "Parrot Flower"
You can view those images in at the following links ...
http://www.mahiram.com/gossip/printthread.php?t 32&pp@
http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/showthread.php?tI380
Now, I searched using the keyword "parrot flower" but I am only getting details about a certain (different) flower called the "Heliconia humilis / Heliconia psittacorum"
I desperately need details about the flower shown in the images.
Kindly let me know if you have any links or info on the same.
Thanks a lot in advance.
g'day my thai friend tells me that the pictures are from the botanical garden in chang mai, thailand. she says those flowers bloom in very cold parts of thailand.
i don't know if that will help. we haven't located the name of the plant but i think it looks like a creeper of some sort. hope that helps a bit! jils
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Common names are used interchangably for a wide variety of different.
Your plant is a species of Impatiens.
There are many different species of Impatiens. Without knowing the origin of the plant cannot say which species it might be.

Also reminiscent of Wishbone Flower. Google images link is
http://www.woodrome.com/garden05/images/WishboneFlower.jpg

Not at all like "Wishbone Flower" Torenia.
Look again and you will see the attachment of the calyx and spur typical of Impatiens.

I agree. Initial reaction was Fuschia, but then I saw the same in the calyx and spur. The leaves also look like our common Impatiens. One of the many tropical Impatiens species.
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Impatiens psittaciana J.D. Hooker

I can only presume this discussion is regarding the email photos tha
have been traveling the globe since early 2006. The flower i Impatiens psittacina. It was described at the Royal Botanica Garde Kew in 1901. There have been a great number of people claiming thes photos are a fraud, a hoax. The flower is quite real. There is now tour company in Thailand taking people to see it in the wild. th company is Tourdoi and you can find the tour on their website althoug evertthing is in Thai. I have posted all I can learn about the plan on my own website, the Exotic Rainforest. The Exotic Rainforest is private botanical garden in NW Arkansas, USA with rare tropical plants We do not have Impatiens psittacina. It is extremely rare. But yo can see many new photos from Thailand of the plant on our site www.ExoticRainforest.com
Steve Lucas
Cereus-validus-........... Wrote:

-- Steve Lucas