Is this Dallisgrass?

I got lots of weeds of this kind in my back yard. Please see attached pictures. The roots are white.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1962/weed1fg4.jpg
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4935/weed2va9.jpg
It does look like Dallisgrass. But I'm in mid-west Canada. According to some books, dallisgrass can only be found in southern US.
Appreciate any advice on what it is and how to combat the annoying stuff.
John

Looks like a fescue grass. How to combat it? Dig it up!
Looks like it to me. You can use RoundUp on it, but that will leave dead spots in the lawn. The most effective permanent solution is to pull it up. The method I use is to soak the ground around the weed, and after the ground is soggy, pull on the weed clump as I dig with a screwdriver to loosen the roots. Roots on that stuff can be 8" long, so the ground needs to be soft when digging it up, or else they will break off, and you'll have more Dallis grass growing in a short time. Also, to help stop it from spreading, pull the seed stems before the seeds mature.