Is this an ash tree? More questions...

Please help me identify this tree that nobody in the area seems to be able to:
http://www.geocities.com/jkreusc/index.htm#All%20Things%20Green
(Look at the bottom of the page "All things green")
If anyone can answer the following questions, youd be my hero.
1. What kind of tree is this? Internet research has lead me to conclude American Ash, but I easily could be wrong.
2. What are the spots on the leaves?
3. Should I be worried about them?
4. How big will the tree get? I live in the north dallas suburbs in a subdivision built on an old limestone quarry.
5. Any thoughts on whether the tree was there before the house was built (1992) or if it was planted by the previous owner.
I couldn't get to the pics - said you'd exceeded transfer limit.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
Jay said:

It's not an ash. Ash trees have compound leaves. It may be some sort of Zelkova (a tree in the Elm family). I've only seen one in 'real life' once, but it was an impressively nice tree.
http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/kemperweb/plantfinder/Plant.asp?code 27
Or not.

Possibly fungal, possibly weather related.

Don't know. I wouldn't, other than to gather up the fallen leaves and be sure to destroy or discard them.

If it is a Zelkova, 50 - 70 feet tall, eventually.

Oh, likely planted after the house was built.

Looks like sawtooth oak (Quercus acutissima).