Is this a weed?

Page 2 of 2
I have too much love for him to think those things.
Tom Jaszewski wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky

I like the small "h" on "him," as I was beginning to worry you only use faith as a repeater rifle with which to take faithless potshots at someone you've been given reason to dislike, & using the "I'll pray for you" flame is something that could only be done by someone who views faith as nothing but an alternative way of saying "fuck you, you babboon-assed piece of shit" which I don't mind you saying so often, only sorry to see it wrapped up in some totally wrongheaded idea of the value of faith.
So what a relief to see that's not what you've been doing at all! Since it's not a big "H," I now realize that the "him" you had in mind was the Big Guy, i.e., bus driver Ralph Crampton, &amp you've not for a minute been using or abusing actual faith. I loved Ralph too, am only sorry he didn't live long enough to be the first space-bus driver on the Moon run.
-paghat the ratgirl

: This year I used an American Meadow Midwest Wildflower mix for my : wildflower boxes. Some of the wildflowers in the box came back from last : year. Usually I can recognize the typical weed (I.e. a local ugly plant : that shows up everywhere without being planted). This one plant I was : thinking of pulling about a month ago got huge broad leaves kind of like : a big dandelion. I let it grow and then it looked like it might be some : sort of big poppy. Now it has gotten huge and it doesn't look like a : poppy and it's taking up a lot of space in the box. I don't mind if it : turns into something nice but if it's just a nasty common weed I probably : should get it out of there.
: Does anyone have an idea of what this is?
:
http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed.jpg
Looks like the dread Ox-eye Daisy, a part of their wildflower mix that will just about dominate any planting that goes into year two. A friend of mine ended up with 1/10th of an acre of this stuff.
http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/weedguid/oxeyed.htm
If it's in rich soil, it will put on a lot of vegetative growth before it blooms, much like Cosmos.
-- Karen
The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org =================================================================="If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ^and cats -- Cicero ==================================================================On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002
Not sure what it is, but it's only a weed if you don't like it once it's done it's thing.

Tansy on steroids? :)
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/320 /
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/aart/flora/Asteraceae/Tanacetum/T.vulgare/1.total.jpeg