IS this a finished Callistemon (Bottle Brush) flower

Hi Guys,
I have just bought one of these lovely flowers and dont want to kill it!!! lol
I did a google search and found this very informative thread on here
http://tinyurl.com/2eco5tu
My question is...
Is this a finished flower
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/markyd3/IMG_1672.jpg]
If so am i now ok to prune it as per the instructions on the other thread as i have 3 or 4 flowers in this state.
Thanks for any advice you are able to give me :-)
Cheers,
Mark
--
markyd3

Pretty. I remember having a few plants that were hard to tell whether they were in bud or were finished (hardy Geranium comes to mind). But I think these are spent because all I see that's left are the calyxes and the pistils. See if you can identify any ones that haven't bloomed yet, the difference should be apparent & from then on it'll be easier to spot them. In any case you won't kill it by pruning off blossoms, at least not any more than you would by deadheading spent blooms....

You're more likely to kill it with kindness than anything else - they don't like to be cossetted so don't overwater it or overfeed it.

Hmmm - I don't do what is said there to my callistemons! Since they are Australian plants, it'd make more sense to me to look at an Australian site. Try: http://www.anbg.gov.au/callistemon/index.html http://www.australiaplants.com.au/website/general/faqs.html

Yes, but there is no real hurry.
Thanks Guys :-)
--
markyd3