Is this a dandelion or what?

Uploaded picture on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens under the same Subject.
New to me, appreciate your comments.
Thanks,
Hal

Can't see your pictures!
You can see several pictures of dandelions and many other weeds at ergonica.com.
--
At peace with weeds!

I can't get that newsgroup but I wondered if it was one of those dandelions with multiple heads that I find around here sometimes. No one ever believes me about them.

Hey, the first blog I hit had a really good photo of the type of Dandelion I've seen -- even had the superwide stem!
http://briande.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01 _blogpart=blogmgmt&_c=blogpart
Here's a good explanation, too: What causes fasciation? According to Wikipedia:
"Fasciation (also: cresting) can be caused by a mutation in the meristematic cells, bacterial infection, mite or insect attack, or chemical or mechanical damage. Some plants may inherit the trait."
The fact that it might be inherited explains why there could be a great deal of them in one location.
One thing I did note about those wide stems is they often split lengthwise.

Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Sorry about the first one, hit the send button too soon.
I have had several fasciated foxgloves over the years, really strange looking with a very wide, flattened flower stalk and all these little flowers on either side. I'll have to take a picture next time it happens.