Is this a carrot plant?

I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September).
For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt, that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt.
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images/garden/carrot/carr4143.jpg
The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday.
Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!
-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:11:41 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
:) I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September). :) :) For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT :) look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an :) eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt, :) that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt. :) :)
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images/garden/carrot/carr4143.jpg
:) :) The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out :) of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday. :) :) Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get :) what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!
Not a carrot plant...maybe a type of lettuce?
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senior/vegetabl/images/large/carrotplant2.jpg
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
Dancing dog is back! http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv
What you have is a common dandilion! The seed no doubt blew in on the breeze and planted itself in your carrot patch. You'll know for certain when it blooms.
Hemma

that's a red leaf (prossibly red oak leaf) lettuce. it is not a carrot, nor is it a dandelion. lee