Is there some proper way to pick parsley?

Hi All,
I have "Italian Parsley" in my tiny garden. It prefers the shade under my zuke jungle. Whenever I pick some, it wilts in about two hours. The organic stuff from the store lasts about two week in my crisper.
Is there some proper way to pick parsley? Any idea why mine wilts so fast?
Many thanks, -T
Todd said:

Pick it, plunge it into cold water, and then drain. I'm guessing the stuff in the store has had a rinse/soak at some point after being cut.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On 10/06/2014 06:59 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

That explains it. The stuff in the store is always wet.
On 10/06/2014 10:21 AM, Todd wrote:

Thank you!
On 10/5/2014 4:57 PM, Todd wrote:

Isn't that the main driving force for having herbs in the garden: to be able to pick what you need when you need it? I'd simply snip off what I need moments before using it it and not worry about what was done to the stuff in the store to give in an unnaturally long life in the fridge.
On 10/06/2014 09:34 AM, John McGaw wrote:

Hi John,
You are correct.
I have a black thumb and am ticked whenever I can get ANYTHING to grow. And, I only have access to the garden at specific times of the day -- it's complicated. And day or even week old herbs are far better than store bought herbs.
-T

It is also sold by weight. Be thoughtful about how much water you buy with it.
?-)
On 10/10/2014 08:19 PM, josephkk wrote:

I will give it a shake! :-)