Is the Traditional Christmas tree dead?

Has anyone been paying attention to the debate concerning using
traditional tree at Christmas?
There is a raging debate and personally I fear the PC brigade ar taking it too far.
http://tinyurl.com/y4yovr
Juice
-- Juicer
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ahh thats not going to catch on real fast. Especially in the States.
<quote>Now Bob Flowerdew, the BBC gardeners Question Time panelist and organic gardener has fueled the debate by buying a plastic tree instead of a traditional Norway Spruce, claiming that Britons are "slowly torture them [Christmas Trees] to death".</quote> {rolls eyes}
Its more funny than anything else
Merry Christmas All
Chuckie
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

As soon as the traditional christmas tree is cut down it is dead.
--

Travis in Shoreline (just North of Seattle) Washington
USDA Zone 8
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Your Point? I see a good use for the tree once you are done with it. Firewood ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chuckie in the ever increasingly cold North Global warming is a myth because I am still shoveling snow Zone 5b
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Juicer wrote:

whats this about holiday trees?
well, mine is a fake tree, just because i've been renting for decades. 1st x-mas as a homeowner and i have it up just because I have not unpacked enough to do a "real" tree.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Putting up a plastic tree is a crime. Why even celebrate at that point. How about a plastic wedding ring, or plastic food to ingest. What a bunch of sheep. Juicer wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

First, its a wedding band made from highly refined (and in the case of gold, probably recycled multiple times) metal. So unless you're wearing ORE it's a false analogy. And some folks have non-traditional wedding bands (I work with a guy who has a circumferential tattoo, as does his wife, on the ring finger) made from other than gold/platinum(wood,tunsten,titanium,jade,etc.).
And no one is suggesting one ingest a Xmas tree - indeed, natural trees often release pollen that causes allergies for some - not to mention the increase in fire danger. plastic food? another false analogy. It's an ornament. Do you use candles on your tree? Do you string popcorn and cranberries for garlands? If you do, fine. But criticising someone for buying a plastic or aluminum ot other type tree is silly. As a child, we once had a livving tree (cedra deodora) that we planted after the holidays, as a newlywed we enjoyed decorationg a Norfolk Island Pine one year and even had a flat green-paper tree on the wall when we had toddlers. We now use a plastic tree. I would never, however, criticsize someone who chose to use a 'real' tree.
just chill out and have a happy holiday!
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote: ....
I was going to shoot off a rant, mainly about some of us are only fortunate to have just a plastic tree, and in some years with nothing under it.
but you on the other hand have shown that the replier was wrong, and showed one of the facets of the true meaning of christmas.
you deserve to get every gift you asked for, ever.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tater wrote:

I decided years ago to make a list (kids are much easier to shop for than adults) and the number one thing at the top each year is; 1. World Peace
so far
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Real tree is $50 where I life and is use once.Fake tree I paid $20 and last for years.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.