Is my dracaena (dracena) a lost cause? =(

Hi all. I've had a dracaena tree in my apartment for a couple years and it's been very happy. It sits near a big window and a sliding door and isn't in direct light. I usually water it once a week or so, and I've had no problems. I went away for a few days this past week and when I got back, it was totally dried up! The leaves were thinner and they were all drooping. Now there have been times where I've waited almost two weeks to water it and this has never happened! The only thing I added to my bedroom (where the tree is) is a little fan to circulate the air around the room - and it isn't directly pointing at the tree. I watered it a lot yesterday and even sprayed the leaves, but it doesn't seem to be responding all that well. What could have happened to my tree? Is there anything I can do to revive it? I don't want to give up quite yet.
Thanks so much for your advice... please help me save my tree!
<JD>
On 7/22/2007 3:13 AM, JD wrote:

It might come back.
My son had three large dracaena together in one pot in his condo. When he put the condo up for sale, he had the inside painted. The painters put the plants outside on the west balcony, in the hot summer sun. As my son had already moved to his bride's condo, the dracaena was ignored for over a week.
My son then gave the "dead" dracaena to me. I cut them back and repotted two of them. (I thought three in one pot was too crowded.) The pot sits on the hearth in my living room. Each stalk now has two large shoots. (Yes, I move the pot off the hearth if I use the fireplace.)
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
On 7/22/2007 11:11 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

By the way, dracaena is sensitive to over-watering. Be sure the pot is not standing in water.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Spider mites?

aret they easy to see? I don't see anything crawling around on the surface... and where do they come from? And so suddenly?
One thing I noticed about the tree is the tip of all the leaves