Is it normal for Italian parsley to grow back?

Hi All,

I just noticed that my Italian Parsley is growing back after the ice and snow killed it. Is this normal? It sure was tasty last year.

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

It is a biennial so yes. It will go to seed, probably at the end of this season, let it go and self seed.

David Hare-Scott

Thank you!

Reply to
Todd

You can let parsley go to seed, but you need to be able to differenciate the old plants from the new as the second year's growth will be bitter... I plant fresh each year and I much prefer curly leaf parsley, it's sweeter. I put in six plants, they supply far more than I can use.

Reply to
Brooklyn1