Is it May 25, or Mar. 25?

Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.
The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.
The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.
If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.
BroJack
snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Bro Jack) wrote:

Hi BroJack
I understand it to be like this scenario.
Global heat melts global ice which releases fresh water in to the salty oceans which lowers the salt content which inhibits the ocean to retain solar gain which yields lower temperatures.
Probably wrong.
More knowledgeable folks reside here http://www.whrc.org/
While using your browser peak here
http://www.photo-japan.jp/index_en.html
Bill
--
Garden in shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA

Actually, William, you hit the nail right on the head. And now scientists are finding out that this is actually a normal occurance with this planet from core samples they've been taking and studying. And another nice little bit of information....apparently the whole planet turns or shifts and the poles and magnetic centers rearrange. If I understand correctly, it's like the North pole isn't north, South pole isn't south, the Equator shifts. Things like that. And it happens apparently on a cycle of around 10,000 years or so. (I tend to watch way too much Nova, Discovery science and what not when Squire is home). Modern day man forgets that the records of climate and natural occurances aren't nearly as complete or well kept as they are now.
And did you see that global warming happens without our help? (we're actually making things worse, but the volcano's do more than their share of the damage and climatic changes)
That's my take on the subject, and last night we got down to 48o here in Eastern Tennessee, the heat kicked on yesterday when the high's didn't reach further than 65o which is comfortable, but there was a northeastern wind gusting all day that made it FEEL colder.........I found myself putting on a shirt instead of my sleeveless attire, the cargo shorts were almost too little, and my poor middle aged toes protested the sandles until I put my socks and shoes back on. HOWEVER, I DID get some well needed whacking and pulling out of Vinca major and Creeping Charlie that was getting outa control because the temperatures weren't horrendous.
Makes me wonder if these temperatures shift if we'll get colder faster? When I called Dutch Gardens last week, one of the phone people told me it was going to be 28o in Vermont!! WOW!
What's the weather like out in Denver right now? I remember late, wet snows in Springtime..........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in a still chilly Fairy Holler, overlooking English Mountain which looks all fresh and green, in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36
message< (Bro Jack) wrote Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.
The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.
The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.
If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.
BroJack
Hi BroJack
I understand it to be like this scenario:
Global heat melts global ice which releases fresh water into the salty oceans which lowers the salt content which inhibits the ocean to retain solar gain which yields lower temperatures.
Probably wrong.
More knowledgeable folks reside here <http://www.whrc.org /
Garden in shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA
Bro Jack wrote:

BroJack,
You don't live far enough south. Come to Florida. We hit 96 the other day.
Patrick
Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am. The good news is that the weeds aren't growing. The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes. If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.
BroJack,
X-No-Archive:yes Some sun here in Central CT this morning. Coldest May in 40 years here - below 50 degrees all week, occaisional rain and strong winds - our 'Noreaster' lasted from Monday thru Thursday.

I've already lived there and moved back home to New England - you didn't mention the bugs, snakes, hurricanes, traffic, crowds etc.

NH zone5 (with some 6 pockets): rainy & below 45 all week and MY weeds are growing just fine. too bad nothing else is! actually it's up to 53 F at 8:39am. this morning. whoo. heat wave :p i have to go check damage to our dam. the board top broke & part of the cement washed out. it's a mostly rock & earthen dam though so it's fairly easily repairable... lee

Same here, this weather doesn't seem to be bothering the damn weeds!