Is any one using washing

A neighbor growing up had a setup where her laundry water would water the grass in the yard. She really did have the greenest lawn on the block, I figure because of the phosphates.

Reply to
GrampysGurl

My Mother used a wringer washer and laundry sinks way beyond when folks could remember having even seen one. She loved it and had the drain hose fixed to hook up to a hose to water our fruit trees. She only used Ivory flakes to wash with. Maybe some other things too but I don't remember. The trees flourished. She might have used it on her rose garden too. She had very healthy roses. I use my Mother's "recipe" for my rose garden and put egg shells, coffee grounds and fireplace ashes around them.

Sherman.

Reply to
Sherman

Wash water is fine for the grass.

Girlsie ^Å^

Reply to
Girlsie

Hi Sherman,

I'm taking a break right now (need COFFEE), after carrying the wash water outside a ways. In a few minutes I'll carry the 8 six gallon buckets out to the garden area to be used where needed. Tomatoes, green peppers, sweet corn, green beans, carrots, flowers, shrubs...

We/Mom still washes clothes with a wringer washer (old Speed Queen, Mom doesn't want a new fandangled machine). I drain most of the water from the washer and tubs into the aforementioned buckets during the summer months. She uses liquid Tide now days and a touch of liquid softener (well water, no water softener in the plumbing).

We've been dumping it on garden plants and shrubbery for many years with no noticeable ill effects. I too remember carrying it out in buckets as a kid. Now I'm MUCH older and still carrying it out, although I'm more understanding about getting it done. Speaking of which, my coffee is gone and the break must be over. Time to get humping ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

FamilyNet Newsgate

PA>We use lots and lots of water to wash cloths- Pay for using the water and PA>disposing it. Due to the high price of water in BUTLER COUNTY (OHIO), I am PA>thinking why not use this water to drain out into flower beds. PA>Has any one done this? Any precautions to be taken? Do I need to 'filter' PA>the water?

My mother did it for years (I remember carrying the buckets out to the garden and/or our fruit trees before I could go play 8-) and I rig a pump some years ago when we had a sever water shortage.

I would avoid useing detergents and use only nature oil soaps. No bleach and/or softeners in most cases.

Ciao, Ack.

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN