Is a Big Hunk of Steak Worth Almost 2,000 Gallons of Water?

Page 6 of 9

wrote in message

A low-carb diet is not a diet of only animal products. You eat meat and a lot of low-carb veggies such as string beans, wax beans, cabbage, asparagus, salad, mushrooms, broccoli etc. It's not honest to claim a low-carb diet consists of nothing but meat. There is nothing unhealthier than the high-carb diet so many Americans are on. Toss in inactivity and you have obesity, diabetes, heart disease and worse.

I have had a problem lately on usenet. It seems that people who like low-carb diets can't read for comprehension.
You eat meat and a

The only dishonesty here has been shown by you. I made no such claim. You made an assumption that is incorrect based on what I wrote.
There is nothing unhealthier than the

It is not necessarily high carb that is the problem, it's more a case of the average 'American diet'. There are many people who follow a high-carb diet who are as fit as fleas. If you don't believe me look at the high carb intake of athletes. The difference between athletes and Joe Public is that athletes use the carb intake for energy. Joe Public doesn't use it and stores it as fat.
Toss in inactivity and you have

And low carb diets also have health implications. The current medical advice indicates that about 6 months is the safe limit for such a 'diet' and that it shouldn't be a lifestyle choice. Depending on the food mix and over a long time, a low carb diet can cause loss of bone density, cancer, kidney stones, liver dysfunction, cardiovascular mortality etc.
In article

Nah. I've followed a "low carb lifestyle" for the past 16 years. My bones are quite dense thanks, but I do supplement a good mineral complex.
The only thing I'm having issues with right now is joint and disk tissue degeneration.
And that's protein, not calcium, as well as too much inactivity. It also has a genetic factor.
I'm currently addressing that problem by trying to get more active, (yes, I confess to having been too sedentary for awhile) and a high collagen intake.
Good thing I happen to adore chicken feet. <g> And they are cheap.
My liver enzymes are also just fine, as is my "cardiac risk" factor. My triglycerides routinely run well under 100.
Again, low carb is not "no carb".
Just low sugar and starch. Neither are necessary in a healthy diet!
Only morons that don't bother to do their homework eat an unhealthy "low carb" diet!
You only get kidney stones if you are stupid enough to drink soda pop instead of water! A high water intake prevents kidney stones. Magnesium supplementation is known to help that too.
I've been studying nutrition for 16 years, primarily (but not entirely) sports nutrition.
You?
--
Peace! Om

So you think it's 'nah' because you are still alright?????
Despite your 'I'm alright' attitude, your position is not supported by the current medical advice.
If you have been studying nutrition for as long as you say you have, you should KNOW what the current medical advice is for low carb. The fact that you don't seem to (because you are still alright) does not fill me with confidence.
I've followed a "low carb lifestyle" for the past 16 years. My

And people have been known to smoke for decades and not develop cancer or emphysema but that doesn't mean that smoking is recommended by medicos.

Sigh. Could you show me where I said it didn't? I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the brains of low carbists. Such a diet seems to result in a missing comprehension section to their brains.

Probably, but the more time I spend on usenet, the more I notice how many morons there are in the world.

Really? If that is your understanding, would you like to explain to me how it is that a number of people I know who never (and I do mean never) drink carbonated drinks have ended up with kidney stones? And why are people prone to kidney stones advised to reduce their meat intake and get more excercise if they could just avoid having kidney stones by drinking lots of water?
Is this just another gross generalisation from you that is OK because it's only a throwaway comment on usenet?

Really? If you have, then it hasn't helped your communication skills if you can still manage to post such gross generalisations. I wouldn't consider your advice to be worth taking because I do not trust anyone who shows such a degree of sloppiness in both thinking or exposition of their understanding of a topic.

I've had enough health related issues in the last few years that I needed to know. Luckily for me I can do research, have some halfway decent comprehension skills and have the tenacity to find out what I need to know.

A lot of people don't seem to get that "low carb" does not mean "no carb". The two things to try to avoid are sugar and starch.
Leafy greens galore are a good thing. My personal favorites are various lettuces, fresh spinach, chard, choy, beet greens, (dad gets the beets) and cabbages of all types.
I should check if Tinypic still has that stuffed cabbage series on line.
Nevermind, the r.f.c. website does. Please substitute 5 cloves, not 15 cloves of garlic for the sauce. That's a typo. <g>
Tomatoes are not low carb, but I love them too much to totally give them up. I just portion control.
Recipe and pics:
<http://www.recfoodcooking.org/sigs/OmManiPadmeOmelet/Stuffed%20Napa%20Ca bbage.html>
--
Peace! Om

<snip>

I'm curious how long it takes me to pump 2,000 gallons of water. I have a well, and the capacity of the well is such that I can only run two sprinklers at a time. I usually just run one, and I run it pretty much every day because takes a week to walk it around my property (1/3 acre lawn, fruit trees, and large garden). I use 1/2" impact sprinklers, but I don't have a clue what the gpm is. If I run it all day, I can usually finish a watering cycle in 5 days, but there isn't always someone here to tend them, so we more-or-less follow a weekly watering routine.
2,000 gallons for a steak? How much for a chicken? We ate 2 or 3 of them this last weekend (bbq with garlic, misc. spices, and eel sauce)(OK, eel sauce is weird - my wife bought it at a Korean store because she thought it was some sort of chicken marinade) (over burning charcoal to make sure I pump CO2 into the atmosphere while I'm eating meat and using water).
This isn't WWII, and I don't buy into this radical liberal buy less, consume less, use less hysteria that seems to be going around these days. Should we eat less meat? Some of us should - I eat it once a week, sometimes twice. Should we use more water? Puulleeaassee.... Should we drive less? That is about to be come an academic topic unless the powers that be quit talking and actually do something to come up with a better energy supply so we can drive as much as we want.
The answer isn't to buy less, consume less, use less, and cut back, the asnwer is to find a better supply so we don't have to cut back!
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:53:37 -0700, "Zootal"

Thanks for the resum.
Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message wrote:

My resume is much more detailed and intense, and tends to offend and sometimes infuriate those with strong progressive liberal tendancies. This lil' blurb warn't nothin' :-)
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:52:14 -0700, "Zootal"

Sorry, I really don't care about your specifics and am not offended, as much as you seem to hope I am offended. Is that your desire, to offend those with "liberal" tendencies? Good luck, George. ;-)
Thanks for playing.
Charlie
<snip>

Hmm...I re-read my posts, and I don't see anything that indicates that I hoped to offend you, so I'm not quite sure how you made that connection. I had no such hopes. I don't "hope" to offend those that disagree with me ideologically, but I am aware that it happens. Quite honestly, I neither avoid such a situation, nor do I go out of my way to cause it to happen. It's inevitable for anyone with strong ideological beliefs. I don't apologize for it when it happens, any more then I apologize for what I know and believe.
But what really hurts is when someone says they don't care...I'm cut to the quick...I'm going to eat worms...I might even cry....
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:25:49 -0700, "Zootal"

My mistake, you are correct.
Ideological beliefs. Thank you for this, I find it helpful in my understanding.

Wait...please don't forget your shovel with which to dig your own grave after eating worms....
Still sitting at your keyboard waiting for this response? ;-)
Charlie

No, I went to bed after posting :-)
At my age I live with one foot in the grave, I dug it years ago...

Hell, I don't even buy green bananas anymore.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Hmmmmm. I've noted that those who possess the strongest "idealogical beliefs" are those who think that they can continue to burn it up, use it up and chuck it out and are the first to complain about the rising cost of fuel.
This sort of ideaology is based on accepted political and economic theory and it's becoming increasingly evident that this idealogy is failing.

But conservatives are always sayin' they want to shrink any regulatory bodies and that liber-als want cradle to grave big government. Whereas theists believe in a cradle to grave regulatory body (up-stairs) and atheists deny a regulatory body. So, IF we were cosistent, conservatives would be atheists and liber-als would be theists.
You know, dealing with people is kind of like pushing a string. <g> right back at cha';-)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

<lol>!
--
Peace! Om

That's me

Like the Berrigan brothers
cheers
oz
In article

I'm more of a centrist, and I'm a Pantheist.
And not an anarchist. Even in an Anarchy, the strongest tend to be the leaders.
Other than Usenet, I know of no social group that is a true anarchy. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Which is more important, human rights or property rights? Does the right to property trump the right of humanity (clean air, water, food, shelter, clothing and, education, free speech, and employment)? The Berrigans believed in human rights first.

I thought that Pantheists were only centrists in California ;o)

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

<http://scripturetext.com/isaiah/2-4.htm
Seemed on topic.
Bill heck I might even read Isaiah now that it of free will.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA