Is a Big Hunk of Steak Worth Almost 2,000 Gallons of Water?

Page 3 of 9

Great source of collagen. :-) Cheaper than taking pills for joint degeneration.
And they really are delicious. ;-d
Pressure cook them, (I get them pre-cleaned at the grocery store for about $1.29 per lb) with onion powder, garlic powder, shitake powder, salt free lemon pepper and dried dill weed. Bring up to pressure, time for 45 minutes then rapid cool the pressure cooker under cold running tap water.
Strain off the broth, then hide in your bedroom in front of the computer with a spit bowl for bones, and a salt shaker.
Mom taught me to eat them when I was growing up. ;-)
I've upped my purchase and consumption of them as a cheap source of collagen and chondroiten lately due to having discovered I have degenerative disk disease. The last two disks in the lower lumbar spine are pretty much gone.<sigh> Both the Ortho' and the Chiropractor have encourage me to take a 30 minute daily swim, and purchase an inversion table.
I have a jpeg of the x-ray.
I also have jpegs of stewed chicken feet and the resulting high collagen stock. <g>
There are many, many thai and chinese recipes using "phoenix claws" that can be googled! Most of them are far more complex tho' than simple pressure stewing. They really don't need much help for flavor!
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

Hope you can be well!
Bill
<http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/yoga-pilates-tai-chi/tai-chi-practi ce>
<http://www.laspeziataijiclub.it/page16.html
Of course you donΉt have to start out with this but slow and steady wins the race. Gradual progress.
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjuTNVs9MI

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Thanks Bill!
I'll follow up on this in the morning when I have more time. I've got to hit the shower and go to work.
I appreciated it. :-)
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
In article

Well? Unlikely. ;-) Aging ain't for sissies! Better? Yes. Finish getting this flab off my sedentary ass and quit being so sedentary. <g>
The Ortho' surgeon says therapy and management is the best approach. Finally used my inversion table for the full 10 minutes this morning... That's gonna take some getting used to! I dropped my damned book and the cats all wanted attention!
Silly fuzzballs. ;-)

ce>
Very good site.

I actually purchased a yoga video. Have not started using it yet.

Nacherally!
All we are is Dust in the Wind...
I actually have a positive attitude about the whole mess. Sometime it takes a wake-up call to get us to do what we should have been doing all along.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

Videos and books are useless. Our ability to do postures or form work incorrectly is tantamount. Find someone who you would like to have dinner with and conversation with. May be a hard task.³ When the student is ready the teacher appears.² Waxing again.
Hands On!
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

I don't have time. There is nothing wrong with a GOOD video...
Books can also help you make up your own routine for your specific needs.
I know what you mean about the "teacher appearing. ;-) I'm sure I could get a good referral from the Chiropractors office. It's actually a wellness clinic (more than one Practitioner works there for various things) so they are into all that.
Soon's I have the money to spare, I'll take advantage of their Biomeridian scan. Should help me to see if I've overlooked anything:
http://www.frantzclinic.com/index_files/HealthNews.htm
It's 60 bucks.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
In article

The "Y" in the town I work at has yoga classes, but they don't fit my schedule. Plus, I just dumped my membership there for two reasons. They were $60.00 per month and their pool was always murky and overloaded with chlorine. It was bleaching my suit for pity sakes and burned my lungs!
I just joined the City owned family activities center here in town and am using their pool. Much cleaner and no kids. Plus, it's only $80.00 per YEAR for those that live in the city limits. They have a nice all machine weight room too that I'll eventually begin using.
I've not checked out their class schedule yet, nor the prices for them.
That is one thing about working nights. I allocate an hour or so in the mornings for exercise, and then I have to come home and get my chores done during the week before going to sleep.
And then there is the internet. :-)
I looked at my Google profile for last month tho'. I've had had to prioritize other things and my posting volume for July was down to 1/3rd of what is normally runs...
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

You may already know this, but a lot of yoga videos claim to be for beginners and they aren't.
If the one you have isn't, my wife, a Kripalu yoga teacher, recommends the "Yoga for Dummies" videos (they go with the books) as being really good videos to start with.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I thought that glucosamine and micronized chondroitin were the approved arthritis nutri-pharmicals? You go for a straight 1 to 1 replacement? Cartilage out. Cartilage in.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Pretty much. :-) Granted, the cartilage does not hit the bloodstream as such, but I figure it provides the building blocks needed as it's digested down into base nutrients.
Chondroitin is nothing but powdered shark cartilage.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

It isn't the poor animals fault that it's meat isn't as nutritious as it should be. For that you can blame the people that control its' environment. The chronic stress (which physically changes the quality or the meat and charges the meat with endocrine hormones), the filth, the antibiotics, the tranks, the low price feed, which may make the animal sick (like beef). If the food is stressed what happens to the consumer? Does anybody know, or is this just another dark corner that the FDA doesn't want to look into?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Just a guess but farmed raised VS. wild might be the main issue. Give em chicken waste and we end up with shit out. Who would have thought? Never mind it is cheap.
Bill who wonders what or how the idea of real food is changing. All I hope is protein is some how ennobled or I might end up with Charlie on the table in a round about way.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green>
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Maybe if hogs (and other meat animals) ate a natural diet, we could eat a healthy diet. What price health? I see all the same gray heads nodding in agreement ;O)

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

I've visited commercial pig farms. The pigs don't look stressed to me...
They, unlike cattle, are kept clean and dry. The farms stink due to the cesspits under the grating they are kept on.
They are not wallowing in their own feces like in cattle feed lots.
The most stressful part of pork production is shipping. THAT needs to be improved!
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

Of course it's not stressful, they're bleeding dead ;O)

That's what the pigs say ;O)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

I meant shipping of the live pigs to the Abattoir.
I'm sure you can fine some ugly stuff on Youtube.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–

Surely that wasn't supposed to be a meal?
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

It was enough for me... I only eat two meals per day. All I have time and stomach room for.
That was dinner. I had lunch at work around 2 am. That was a hard boiled egg and a nice tossed salad. ;-d
An alternative would have been a mess of steamed spinach leaves with the egg, or leftover chuck roast shredded into the salad.
Sausage and kraut would have done too.
Most of my carbs right now are coming strictly from leafy greens. I'm trying to lose weight. That half-ear of cotc was a compromise (I really wanted it), hence the portion control of 1/2 of an ear. <g>
That is plenty of food for one meal... at least for me!
I also happen to LOVE greens! I need to plant more Chard this winter (back on topic), and maybe try my hand at some bok choy. Winter greens do well here. I just watch for freeze warnings and toss a sheet over them. It rarely gets below 20 degrees F here. I've also had good success with broccoli and kale, altho' I have found kale to be inedible and won't try it again.
I have yet to try growing cauliflower. I DO eat the cauliflower leaves tho' when I buy it from the store. Similar flavor and texture to cabbage, but milder.
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
In article

I admit, I am getting bored of it my self. It takes time to defend ones views. Everyone has their views and I respect that. Everyone has the right to share them. After a while it is time to move on.
As I get older, my teeth and gut are also telling me also what I can eat and cannot. Spicy foods no more, Nexium - Mans best friend!
Sometimes it is best to fight than get rolled over all the time :)
Enjoy Life ... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Add pictures here
βœ–

And your teeth are telling you the same things as the food pyramid (but not the FDA's new stupid food pyramid).
Add pictures here
βœ–