Introducing Nature

Nature's Video Ecards and lots of nature photos at

All FREE to send away. Nothing to sell, no ads, no spam - because we love nature. Drop in and browse through our collection of gorgeous landscapes, plants and animals. It's fun!

Reply to
blacklight

Nature Nature is not balanced! Balance means no movement. When movement stops, all biotic systems die. Is this what you really want? nature is a megasystem of biotic and abiotic parts that move in ways of dynamic equilibrium as energy comes in. In a sense, nature "attempts" balance, yet it moves only because one or more parts are always out of balance. Yet the parts out of balance still appear as balance over time. Biotic and abiotic forces are in constant conflict, and they both exist because of each other. When biotic parts do reach balance, death follows and the parts go back to the abiotic side. As higher order and energy return, biotic comes from abiotic.

Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Arborist

Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

My, Mr. Arborist, chip on your shoulder? Didn't we wake up testy? The poor guy is just shlepping his cards around. Not that I like spam (ah wonderful spam) any more than the next person but you seem to be onto a rant about something.

Anyway, it's persnickety time.

Numero uno >

What about homeostasis? Homeostasis is the property of an open system, especially living organisms, to regulate its internal environment to maintain a stable, constant condition, by means of multiple dynamic equilibrium adjustments, controlled by interrelated regulation mechanisms.

Isn't it cool? They even worked the phrase "dynamic equilibrium" into their definition;-)

I mean, if we, virtual condominiums of smaller organisms, constitute an organism, then why doesn't everything in the biosphere, constitute an even larger organism with it's own homeostasis? Of course there is the bone of evolution to chew on, with it's adaptation to changing circumstances.

Numero two-o

When movement stops you have absolute zero man and not much of anything is gonna' happen. The good news is that it won't get colder.

Numero three-o

First, thanks for not draging out the whole "second law of thermodynamics", but wat chew mean "higher order? I'm down with the without energy, like electromagnetic waves", things become more disorganized as the energy is passed along to the constituent parts part. With energy, you can organize things, like organisms, but I don't get higher order part. You not going evangelical on us is you?

OK, OK, so it's been a slow morning for me. I think I smell the coffee.

Peace out,

- Bill

Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose