INSTALLING IRRIGATION SYSTEM

I was wondering if anybody out there knows how to install a basic irrigation system for your home??? If possible a simple step by step should do, i'm pretty handy when it comes to landscaping, just don't know much about this particular area.. thanks, Trevor.

Other than knowing how much and when to apply, irrigation systems don't share any similarities with other aspects of landscaping. In fact it's the one area I recommend my DIY clients sub out to a pro. Doing it right is a complicated process, but this link should help. In particular, go through the designing part under "How-To's" thoroughly, but I'd suggest you bookmark the entire thing for future reference, You'll probably need it. http://www.igin.com/Irrigation/body_irrigation.html
pam - gardengal

As I recall, Toro and other manufacturers have some good information on their websites. In addition, most home improve (Home Depot, Lowe's) stores carry a good book on irrigation system. You can find it in the rack with the other books on carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.