Insect larvea in peaches

In my country Mauritius, peaches are infested with insect larvea before they ripen. We can`t get proper good peaches without using lots of insecticides. Do you have such problems in your country?
How do you deal with this? Is there a natural method to deal with this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Joseph.
The best thing is to kill all the wacko environmentalists and spray all you want. If you ever get environmentalists in your country it is surely doomed.
A wrote:

Gee what a great idea. Not a wacko idea at all.
Can you recommend a good way to get rid of those pesky environmentalists? I don't really have a problem with them, but the same should work for getting rid of morons like yourself.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:42:30 -0500, Spackle wrote:

Actually the best thing is to use chemical according to instructions and intended use. In the right hands and applied at the correct times, chemicals do work, and they work to the advantage of all.
http://axp.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/selectnewpest.peach.html is but one website offering IPM (Integrated Pest Management) techniques. I'm sure there are others. IPM works.

Ah, yes, insecticides, the magic bullet of gardeners. All of the benefits, none of the mess. None that you can see or be bothered with, at any rate.
There are "natural" methods which may be used on a relatively small scale with lots of labor. Use of dormant oil sprays, and light oil sprays for when trees are in growth followed by sulfur sprays for fungus. In Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina where huge crops of peaches are produced, some of the most toxic legal sprays are used to produce decent to bumper crops. Micronized sprays of oils and sulfur are not exactly beneficial if inhaled. If chemicals are handled responsibly with all safety precautions, good crops can be produced with little if any harm to the overall ecology or to human health. This goes for all the stone fruits as well as pomes. There are those that would scream at this and pronounce me the devil. Choose what you will.

Give it up. You're to far north in the Indian Ocean to grow peaches.
zhan