Insect Egg ID help

Finally started cleaning out my Monrovia carpet roses today and in the thick bramble near the ground I found 60 - 70 egg cases on a branch about 2 feet long. They were a white soft material, textured like a fluted seashell and shaped like a okra pod. Each was less than 1/4 inch long. Break them open and there are about 30-60 orange eggs inside.
Anyone have an idea? I am in Cedar Hill, Texas
Bruce Musgrove Wrote:

Hi Bruce, I have no idea, but these folks might know.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/ipm /
New
-- Newt