Inkjet or plastic labels for plants

Does anyone make sheets of blank plastic labels compatible with inkjet printers and suitable for labeling potted plants? If so, care to share the source and info?
MC wrote:

I don't know of any, but most inkjet inks are water-soluble, so they will soon become illegible. Make sure the ink you are using will withstand watering. Also, prolonged exposure to sunlight will fade most inks, particularly the greens, leaving you with discolored purple images (assuming you want color images on your tags). Laser printers do not share the water solubility problem as far as I know, but they share the fading problem. The commercially produced tags are much more resistant to fading than any of the printer inks I've come across (although I haven't been specifically looking for fade-resistant inks).
If you are looking for a large quantity, there are manufacturers who will make custom labels. If you are looking for a few houseplant labels, you can try putting clear tape over the image to protect it from water. If it fades you can make a new one. (You might make two or three tags of each one and store the spares in a dark place so they won't fade). I find that the tape method is labor-intensive and not 100% reliable (more like 70% over a month or so [very rough estimate]), but for only a few labels you can probably live with it.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:34:01 -0500, Dwight Sipler wrote:

Thanks. There are also waterproof labels I could use and then affix to plastic plant markers. I'm trying to label things for market.
On 2/25/04 12:33 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com,

If you do a little searching, I do know I've seen people using laser jet printer on Avery clear labels with good luck.
Cheryl

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=waterproof+printers&btnG=Google+Search
:-o)
Tom J

Only ones I've seen recently advertized: http://www.gardenmarker.com/computer.htm
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:42:07 +0000, Kay Lancaster wrote:

Thanks. I don't like the price unfortunately.