injured Agave

I just bought an octopus agave and my dog ran into it and broke one of the tips so that it's dangling. About 2 inches or so was damaged on the tip of the leaf. the plant is about 2 feet tall overall and pretty young, it was just planted 2 weeks ago. Does this kind of damage heal pretty quickly on these plants or will it look like this for a long time?

The plant itself will be fine, but that leaf will always be broken.
--
Toni
South Florida USA